Is your mouth watering yet? I know mine is! I love lobster bisque, but it isn’t the healthiest thing on the planet when you get it at a restaurant. When I came across this recipe on Wellness Mama, I had to share it with you guys.
I love her website for so many reasons, but mainly because it is all about living naturally. I trust anything she posts, and I know I will be getting some of the best advice. She has so many great DIY cleaners, beauty products, etc. on her site, so make sure to check them out!
Anyway, back to the shrimp bisque! As soon as I try it, I will be sure to post about the results. 🙂
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 40 mins
- 1 pound shrimp, wild caught
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine, optional
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- dash of hot sauce, optional
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add finely diced shallot, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Saute until tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Add wine to deglaze (if using) and cook 30 seconds to evaporate.
- Add chicken broth, hot sauce and spices and use an immersion blender to puree until completely smooth.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Rough chop the shrimp and add to pan. If pre-cooked, just cook until warm. If shrimp are raw, simmer for 3-4 minutes or until cooked and pink.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer 4 minutes until just thickened.
- Serve immediately, or for better flavor, refrigerate overnight and reheat slowly before serving.