To help you get out the door faster!
I love breakfast. Let’s just start with that. If I had to go to jail, my last meal would be breakfast. If I could eat only one meal again, I would choose.. hmm.. breakfast! Deciding on quick and healthy breakfast ideas is pretty challenging, simply for the fact that I am slightly obsessed with everything and wish I could make an elaborate meal every morning. And that is putting it mildly! But you all know that during the week days, that is pretty much unrealistic. On the weekends though, that’s a whole different story. 🙂
I have compiled a list of my favorite go-to breakfast ideas for the work week or when you are simply in a time crunch!
Enjoy and let me know if you guys have any quick breakfast ideas to add!
1. Avocado + Whole Wheat Toast: I normally cut up half an avocado into thin slices and layer them onto two pieces of whole wheat toast. I drizzle a little bit of olive oil (I just so happened to have lemon garlic olive oil.. amazing) and then sprinkle with some sea salt!
2. Greek Yogurt + Granola + Berries: Get your favorite greek yogurt, spoon it into a bigger bowl, sprinkle some granola on top and throw in a generous amount of berries. You can even prep this the night before! Great recipe here.
3. Oatmeal: I have always wanted to be a true oatmeal lover. Not the Quaker Instant Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat kind that I grew up with. I was talking to my sister, Melissa, and she told me a trick she does when making oatmeal and I have been obsessed ever since. Substitute milk or water for almond milk! I promise, this makes all the difference. I just throw some oatmeal in my bowl, add a generous amount of almond milk and microwave for a couple of minutes. Then, add some raisins or berries and a splash of maple syrup or honey and there you have it! For 10 recipes, click here.
4. Almond Butter + Raisins + Whole Wheat Toast: I love almond butter, and raisins, and whole wheat toast. So the three combined is pretty fantastic. For homemade almond butter recipe, click here.
5. Overnight Oats: I tried this a few times, but could never make it stick. For me, I love warm oatmeal, so the cold aspect of it was a little weird to me. I guess you can heat it up though but that kind of defeats the purpose of it being quick! That being said, I think this is a GREAT quick and healthy breakfast idea! Check out some great recipes here.
6. Green Smoothie: This is always a great idea. You can prep everything that you are going to put into the smoothie the night before, put it in a ziplock bag, and store it in the freezer. When you want to make a smoothie, just pop it in the blender and blend away! Recipe here.