I have been searching A LOT the past few days on green beauty products. I am really aiming to get my entire beauty cabinet to be full of safe products. A few items are easy to DIY (body scrubs and face washes), but DIYing also takes a lot of work! I have watched a million videos on Youtube of makeup reviews and tutorials, as well as checking all of those products in the EWG Database. I always seem to find a good green product, but the EWG rating isn’t the greatest, which is disappointing. Searching for safe products is hard!
Anyway, I have compiled a list of all of the products that I am going to buy over time and switch out the products I’m using now, once they run out. This list may or may not change with the more research I do, but I think I have done a pretty good job! I have found the safest products according to EWG, with the best reviews, and mostly at the lowest cost.
Today I will just post about the skin care and tomorrow I will post about the makeup! 🙂
- Soap: Aveeno Moisturizing Bar
- Shaving Cream: Organic Coconut Oil (Any kind)
- Deodorant: Greenbody Natural Deodorant
- Face Cleanser: (Currently using the Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleaning Face Wash that I received as a gift!)
- Toner: Caudalie Organic Grape Water
- Serum: Andalou Turmeric + C Enlighten Serum – Brightening
- Eye Cream: Andalou Luminous Eye Serum – Brightening
- Tinted Moisturizer: 100% Pure Healthy Skin Tinted Moisturizer (This is also makeup, but since it is moisturizer and has SPF, I am adding it here too)
- Night Moisturizer: Andalou Naturals Night Repair Cream
I know three of these products are Andalou Naturals, but I watched a lot of Kendra Atkins’s videos and I think she comes closest to my skin type. She has sensitive and combination skin (sometimes oily T zone but overall dry), and loves Andalou Naturals. Bonus, I checked all of the products above on the EWG Database, and they were all rated a 1! All of these products will hopefully work great for my skin type. I am excited to start ordering some of these! When they come in, I will be sure to put my reviews up for you guys!
Thanks for reading!